Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 recently updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you yet to update then visit here: Install XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 - How To Guide
. So, if you updated your tablet to this latest firmware update then the next thing you looking for to root N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware running on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005. In this page we going to help you to root XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Continue reading this tutorial.
ANOTHER ROOTING METHOD
Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 LTE Running On Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware
A rooted device allow you to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as push the limitation that comes with stock firmware. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. However, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can only regain it by following proper unroot process. You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices
Before jumping into rooting of N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, first we have to go through some pre-requisites.
: How To Disable KNOX Security Service on Samsung Galaxy Line Up
Though root don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005. [Guide
How To Root N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat On Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005
- Download Odin v3.09 and root file for N9005XXUENB7.
- Extract CF-Root zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 running on N9005XXUENB7 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker
” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets)
. If you face any root issue then do this
: Connect your device to internet then update SueperSU app binary. After that, open SueperSU again and turn off KNOX notification from there.